Back Isle Shopper, price scanner??

Do any of those phrases describe you? Back Isle Shopper or obsessive price scanner. Ok, let me explain. When you go to a store like Target, "Normal" people walk the regular isles and just look for what they need. I am not a normal shopper. I take a different path through the store which leads me to finding things I did not go there for but was too cheap to pass up. Some say this could lead to impulsive spending but I believe it saves me money down the road. For example, I always walk the back area of the toy section checking out what is put on clearance. It starts off at 30%, then 50, then 75, and if your lucky, 90% off. There are a couple times a year when you stumble on a huge markdown of a lot of toys and if you time it right you can get all your kids shopping done for cheap. One of the times is late July, which I know because it is before my oldest sons Birthday and the shelves are empty when people go to shop for him. Another time is mid January because they are getting rid of the holiday inventory. I bought my son 20.00 G.I. Joes sets for 5.00. I am watching another set right now that was 100.00, on clearance for 50.00 and when it goes 25, if there is one left, he'll get it with his gift card. The back isles Target are magical and always have great markdowns that I will pass on to you all as I spot them. Obsessive price scanner, a person who grabs all kinds of stuff and runs over to the scanner on the wall to double check the price. Yeah there is a price on it already, but 7 times out of 10 the sale price hasn't been updated and it may ring up a lot cheaper. I find this to be true at Target, Old Navy CLearance, Gap, and many other stores. I went to a Childrens place outlet in November and grabbed some tops for my youngest that were on a rack that said 2.99. I scanned the tops and some shorts and they rang up 99 cents. OMG, I was running through my holiday list of kids to see who I can get outfits for. I bought my nephew tons of summer outfits for less than 20 dollars. Next time you see something marked down, and you are thinking twice about the price, take the time to scan it. A cheaper price might come up and your decision will be a lot easier. I am patient, and don't mind waiting for further markdowns. If I love it and don't want to take the chance of the item selling out I may pick it up. But most of the time I just check back (it's not hard to do when you live a block from Target) and if I noticed it's been marked down and the item is gone, I go to another store or call my sister in Vegas who always seems to have more stock there, and have her pick it up.

Comments

  1. now if they would just put a scanner in the back aisle my life would be complete.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts