East Coast Souvenirs....

As I set out to the East Coast to shoot a wedding, I planned a little road trip as well with a secret goal of finding some cool souvenirs that you don't come across every day. I found some things, you could probably find them online, but they aren't your average mug or magnet. These are my kind of souvenirs.
First I came across a little shop at the Cotton Exchange in Wilmington, NC called the Celtic Shop. They had lots of great little things from Ireland but my favorites were the celtic silver jewelry. I love toe rings and I couldn't decide between the 3 so I got them all. They are the traditional Celtic knots and the Irish Claddagh symbols. The price was right and I was very happy.

My next find was a little pricy by my book but when in New York....you gotta spend some bucks. I wanted to bring back something cool from 5th Avenue. While walking past the shops I was captivated by the window display at a store called Henri Bendel. Its an upscale accessory shop with lots of wrist candy on display in the window. They were having a trunk show for various designers and my favorite was Shashi. These bracelets were inspired by the rakhi bracelets of India. They have so many good ones to choose from, I chose the red snake and grey solitaire. I really want the tie die crystal one in the lower pic but have yet to find one for sale. You can find these online or at high end stores.


Lastly, I have my charm bracelets, Pandora, Chamilia, and trollbeads. I added a Celtic Charm I found in Alexandria, VA to my pandora bracelet. The charm fit great and was by an Irish company called Solivar. I love these bracelets, though building one up can get pricy so I have my husband pick up one bead for various occasions. This makes them more special. He gave me a silver hearts bead by Chamilia for Valentines day as well as the brown leather bracelet with a wood bead. That was for our anniversary and the wood bead symbolizes the time we went to Mexico after we got married and I didn't want to wear my rings so I wore a wooden wedding band we found in a small town there.


It's funny to me when people say I am hard to buy for, when all you have to do is look at what I wear. I think charm bracelets make a great gift and it doesn't have to be expensive. They run between 25-60 average, the gold ones are a lot more pricy. I love my bracelets and can't wait to see what I come across next.

Comments

Popular Posts